Thursday, December 23, 2010

Kali's Closet

Yeah, right. 

I wanted to be cool like Elaine and show you guys my closet. It's really small. Our bedroom has a Master's closet and a teensy-tiny one. Hubs got the Master's because he has about 50 times more clothes than I do. He also has over 120 pairs of shoes. They take up way too much space, so I have taken it upon myself to be an example to him, by being a minimalist. Although, he has taught me a lot about shopping.

I was one of those shoppers who bought anything, if it was a "good deal". I'd head straight for the clearance racks in every store. I can't tell you how many times I've bought something, just because it was super cheap, and then I'd hardly wear it. I fell in love with the price tag, not the item. Anthony is a quality buyer. And I'm getting there, too. Quality over quantity. You don't need a lot of clothes to come up with a great outfit.

What's in your closet?

 sweaters. hats. pjs. jeans.
dresses. skirts. long sleeves. short sleeves. tanks. belts.

shoes.
closet gnome.

Must read: Shoppers on a 'Diet' Tame the Urge to Buy- NY Times
Posted by Kali

2 comments:

  1. cute closet gnome...where can i pick one of those up? :)
    merry christmas. your closet is very tidy. i'm heading toward the "quality over quantity" way of thinking as well. sooo much better. i have too much crap.
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This closet gnome wasn't at nursery today :(

    But finally, I found your website! And went to the Asos site you recommended. Saw a $13 dress, and free shipping!? I am forever indebted to you. Righteous Republic - what a cute blog; added on my bookmarks!

    -Minnie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts!